3/16/09

an old man who needed help with the garbage

a piece of
crap in my left eyeball a piece of
broom that a Spanish man from work
breathed in to my face,

i sat in a
tall room, shrank at his weakness
i
twitched somewhere on the ceiling.

it was a sponge on my back that
glowed orange, drooled clear, the
top of the room kept me up there
high-loose in its spatter,

i can see other
shoulder blades and ankles,
caked dust and other filth,
and and and up here i melt,

the man too delicate to dispose,
i melt and we give, and we soften.

2 comments:

  1. Your writing never ceases to amaze me. It is very fluent and beautiful. You are a language all your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did think this one was rather good too. Most poets who essay this kind of flow end up playing obfuscatory games to conceal their own confusion - stephen here seems quite able to communicate within a very fast lyrical stream. I find myself impressed.

    ReplyDelete